As the community maneuvers through the new stay-at-home reality, the library is offering exciting opportunities to assist the public and enable members to utilize traditional services in new and convenient ways.
Our programming team is moving book clubs, early literary classes, ASL classes and other activities to online services. Using these tools, customers will be able to connect and interact with librarians and library resources at their convenience.
Like other libraries in the area, Pickerington Public Library is also allowing new customers to apply for library cards remotely. In doing so, new and existing cardholders can take advantage of online services such as downloadable e-books, audiobooks, magazines, streaming movies and music.
Using tools including Zoom, YouTube and more, these new offerings are a result of Pickerington Public Library’s everlasting commitment to staying connected and providing services to the public in times of need by providing access to your favorite services with reliable resources.
We know and understand how important it is to be flexible to accommodate your needs and varied schedules. Below are ways to connect with us as your time allows.
Our updated website calendar features a collection of our new virtual events, including:
- Art Online: Learn a thing or two about art and create your own masterpiece on our YouTube channel. Limited on art supplies? We’ll give tips on how to use what you already have on hand at home.
- Family Fun: Missing early literacy classes? Connect with your favorite #PPLibrarians on YouTube for online story time with the whole family.
- Facebook LIVE Chat: Facebook live chat with Librarian Jenn is back TWO times a week!
- Stay-at-home STEAM: Enjoy fun activities on YouTube that use materials from around the house and that incorporate science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Anime Club Online: Discuss your favorite anime and manga, get recommendations for what to read next, and compete in virtual challenges that test your knowledge and skills on Google Hangouts live!
- Learn with Laura: Learn how to access and use online library resources with #PPLibrarian Laura on our YouTube channel!
- ASL Live!: Our April adult ASL class is now ASL Live on Zoom! Find your way to a computer and join Reference Librarian Erikka to learn some introductory American Sign Language.
- Teen Writer’s Club Online: Whether you’re an expert or a beginner, whether you write poetry or horror or even fanfiction, chat with fellow teens on Google Hangouts about tips, challenges, and successes.
Check out our e-branch to access library online programs, online databases, magazines, news sites, e-books, audiobooks, movie, music and television streaming apps. You can also get national, state, local and Pickerington Public Library news and updates by visiting our Online Coronavirus Resource Guide
Need help accessing library resources or looking for recommendations? Visit our website pickeringtonlibrary.org or email our librarians at email@example.com.