Know Your Rights Day
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Know Your Rights Day is an event at Pickerington Main dedicated to educating the public and enriching their knowledge of civil rights, diversity, and how society is strengthened when we all respect each other. We will be featuring a fantastic group of local organizations speaking on a variety of topics, including:
- Mr. Ron Payne will be here from the ACLU to make his presentation of “Don’t Be Wrong About Your Rights” at 10 a.m. Mr. Payne is a lifelong civil rights activist who joined Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in his 1965 march in Selma, Alabama.
- The Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN) will join us to discuss the rights of the LGBTQIA community in Meeting Room A at 11:15.
- Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities (FCBDD) will help us understand the rights of the disabled in the Digital Classroom at 11:15.
- Simakovsky Law, which specializes in immigration law, will educate us about the rights of immigrants in the Digital Classroom at 12:15.
- The League of Women Voters (LWV) will be sharing information about voters rights, especially pertaining to women voters, in Meeting Room A at 12:15.
Each of these groups will be presenting information a short session about the population they serve, but will also be available to answer your questions and discuss topics with you during the entire event! No registration is required.