Are you ready for summer? Do you have a trip planned and need something to do during the long drive? Why not try an audiobook for National Audiobook Month in June!
Audiobooks are great way to keep reading during summer vacation while simultaneously helping to prevent kids from losing valuable literacy skills. Listening to audiobooks helps increase reading accuracy by 52%, reading comprehension by 76% and motivation by 67% (Audio Publishers Association, 2016). Even better, listening to audiobooks counts toward your summer reading goal!
Check out our list of audiobooks that are perfect for the whole family. You can check out a physical copy or download a digital copy from Overdrive:
- Adventure According to Humphrey by Betty Birney
- Calendar Mysteries Series by Ron Roy
- Fudge Series by Judy Blume
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
- Little House in the Big Wood by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Mercy Watson Collection Volume 3 by Kate DiCamilio
- My Weird School Series by Dan Gutman
- Nate the Great Series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- The Princess in Black Series by Shannon Hale
- Stick Dog Chases a Pizza by Tom Watson
- You are (Not) Small by Anna Kang
Audio Publishers Association. (2016). [Infographic]. How Audio Promotes Literacy. Retrieved from https://www.audiopub.org/education/sound-learning