Library services to the community began in 1907 from a small room inside the Violet Township High School. In 1915, we became the smallest community to qualify for a Carnegie Library. The library resided in the Carnegie building until the move to Opportunity Way in 1993. The current library needed additional space to provide more services to our patrons. Construction began in 2005, and the renovation was completed later that year. We were able to add a computer lab, meeting room space, private study rooms, and additional space for materials.
Mission Statement: Inspire Knowledge, Connect Community, Enrich our World, Read!
Hours of Operation
Pickerington Public Library Main
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.| Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.| Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 12-7 p.m. | Friday-Saturday: 12–6 p.m. | Sunday: Closed
Pickerington Public Library Main: 614-837-4104
Sycamore Plaza Library: 614-837-4383
Automated Renewal System: 1-877-772-6657
Pickerington Main Youth Services Department: 614-837-4104 ext. 231
- Please visit the Kids page for more information.
Pickerington Main Patron Services Department: 614-837-4104 ext. 232
- The Patron Services staff will answer questions about fines and fees, renewing materials, and how to replace or receive a library card. Please have your library card number ready so we may assist you.
Pickerington Main Adult Services Department: 614-837-4104 ext. 233
- The Adult Services Department provides full reference services with a wide array of electronic and traditional reference sources. The staff will be happy to answer your questions in person, over the phone, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickerington Public Library will be closed in observation of the following holidays:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- February 12: Staff Development Day
- April 1: Easter
- May 28: Memorial Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- September 3: Labor Day
- October 15: Staff Development Day
- November 22: Thanksgiving Day
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas Day
Pickerington Public Library will close early, at 5 p.m., on the following days:
- July 3: Independence Eve
- November 21: Thanksgiving Eve
- December 31: New Year’s Eve
If you wish to reach certain staff members, please use the following list.
- Director: Tony Howard, 614-837-4104 ext. 222
- Assistant Director: Vacant
- Fiscal Officer: Brenda Oliver, 614-837-4104 ext. 223
- Community Relations Coordinator: Colleen Bauman, 614-837-4104, ext. 221
- Pickerington Main Adult Services Manager: Donna Matturri, 614-837-4104 ext. 241
- Sycamore Plaza Library Manager: Catie Polack, 614-837-4383, ext. 121
- Pickerington Main Youth Services Manager: Cathy Burden, 614-837-4104 ext. 230
- Pickerington Main Patron Services Manager: Lisa Howe-Johnson, 614-837-4104, ext. 240
Click here to sign up for updates about Pickerington Public Library programs and events.