Current Job Openings
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Non-exempt part-time position: 20 hours a week
Compensation: Starting at $10.00/hour
The Custodian is responsible for general cleaning of the library’s buildings, equipment and grounds. Supports the Facilities Manager with basic maintenance of the facilities and works with other staff members to promote teamwork and share information. Committed to the Pickerington Public Library’s Mission to “Inspire Knowledge, Connect Community, Enrich Our World, Read!”
- Maintains cleanliness and effective operation of interior and exterior building facilities and grounds
- Plans work according to standard procedure and by library scheduling needs
- Follows systematic approach to the cleaning of the facilities, parking lot and sidewalks
- Participates in the cleaning of the buildings, adjacent walks, and grounds
- Assists in the inventory management of cleaning supplies and materials
- Travels between facilities for cleaning as needed
- Sets up rooms for use by Library Board and staff
- Regularly inspects buildings, facilities and equipment
- Reports problems to the Facility Manager
- Periodically makes security check of buildings
- Supports Facilities Manager on basic maintenance as needed
- Demonstrates understanding of basic library routines and adheres to library policies and procedures
- Checks e-mail and assists in public service areas as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Background in grounds keeping, custodial, and snow removal
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, able to convey a message clearly and concise via email, text or over a phone call
- Maintains professional, businesslike behavior and appearance
- Demonstrated commitment to serving library patrons and residents of the community
- Must maintain insurability under the Library’s vehicle liability insurance coverage. Periodically drives to all Library locations; may travel for training and development assignments. Must have immediate access to personal vehicle. Must maintain valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. May drive PPL vehicle if called upon.
Physical requirements include ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and or move over 50 pounds and occasionally lift weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Tasks affected include: computer work and watching patrons while working.
Cover letter and resume can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Pickerington Public Library
Attention: Brenda Oliver
201 Opportunity Way
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
Cover letter and resume will be accepted until job is filled.
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicable background checks will be performed.
You may submit an application to the library at any time; if no positions are available, your application will be kept on file for six (6) months.
JOB APPLICATION — (Pickerington Public Library Employment Application)
The Pickerington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volunteering at Pickerington Public Library
For information on volunteering at the library, please visit our Volunteers page.