The Pickerington Public Library is thrilled to announce that free access to Lynda.com is now available with your Pickerington Public Library card.
Thanks to an agreement between the Ohio Public Library Information Network and LinkedIn (parent company to Lynda.com), all Ohioans will have access to Lynda.com through their public libraries. All you need to get started is your Pickerington Public Library card!
What Is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is an online training and learning tool to help you build your personal and professional skills: thousands of courses, taught by experts in their industries, are available for you to study anything from web design and development, to learning the Adobe Creative Cloud products, to enhancing your skills as a manager or small business owner.
- Interested in developing your skills as a photographer? Lynda.com has a learning path for that.
- Learning Microsoft Office software? Try Lynda.com’s Excel courses.
- Are you a musician branching out into songwriting? Lynda.com offers music lessons and songwriting courses.
- And much, much more!
As long as you can access the Internet and have your library card information handy, you can take a Lynda.com training course anywhere in the world!
How to Access Lynda.com:
- Click on the library’s Research page here, then click on the heading for Business and Legal. Lynda.com is the first link under the header.
- Click on the link for Lynda.com.
- You will be prompted to enter your Pickerington Library card number and PIN.
- Once you have signed in with your card, you will be asked to register for a Lynda.com profile using your name and email address.
That’s it! You’re ready to start learning.
Watch this welcome video from Lynda.com to see what it has to offer!
Don’t remember your library card number and PIN? We can help! Contact a staff member today for help with your library account information.
Don’t have a Pickerington Public Library card? Ask us about registering for a card today: it is free to create a new card, and your card will give you access to dozens of free learning resources available to library cardholders. You can also register for a card online.
Happy learning, and remember to contact the library if you have questions about using Lynda.com, or any research resources at your library!