Free notary services are available at all locations of the Pickerington Public Library. To make an appointment, please complete and submit the form below, or contact the location where you would like to make an appointment, and a staff member will assist you:
- Pickerington Main Information and Research Services Department: 614-837-4104, ext. 233.
- Sycamore Plaza: 614-837-4383
Appointments are required, and will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Notary services are not available in the thirty minutes before time of closing, Monday through Friday. Notary appointments are not available on the weekends.
- Bring with you the following for your appointment: valid, government-issued photo identification; your documents to be notarized (filled out, but not signed); and witnesses, if required. For those under the age of 18, a certified copy of their birth certificate or a current school ID, with photo, is required.
- Bring unsigned documents to be notarized. All documents must be signed before the notary.
- If you require a witness or witnesses, the library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from library patrons or staff. Witnesses must also have valid, government-issued photo identification.
- Library staff will not notarize certain documents, such as auto titles or I-9 forms, nor can they provide legal advice or assist in preparing or in filling out legal forms. Additional details about restricted documents are available in the Notary Services Policy.
- Library notaries reserve the right to decline services should the circumstances surrounding an appointment raise any doubt regarding their legal obligations as outlined in Ohio Revised Code, Section 147.
More information is available in the library’s Notary Services Policy. Please read this document carefully before making your appointment, or contact the library if you have questions about this service.