Jennifer, Information & Research Manager
For businesses, the phrase, “when in doubt, choose change,” may have been the understatement of the year.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses had no choice but to change. In some cases, left to navigate the rapidly morphing climate on their own.
Seeing the community’s need for business resources and support, Pickerington Public Library is partnering with local businesses, like our local business incubator, Cultivate. Cultivate has a monthly virtual monthly Business Incubator Enrollment Information Session on March 24 at 12:15 p.m. During this meeting, attendees can get a map of tools, resources, and collaborative efforts to help find their way.
The business blog is a tool to feature and support businesses in our community. This blog supports the monthly Cultivate meeting and focuses on digital marketing and provided resources to get started online and on social media to build an effective strategy. No matter experience level, our collection has titles for every level – from getting started to taking a deep dive into digital analytics. Get started with a librarian-approved list of recommended reads.
Sure, the library has books with relevant information, but our online tools, available from our e-Branch, are just as helpful, expansive, and business-friendly.
See for yourself and take a moment to browse our digital resources. For example, tools like Lynda.com, are available for free with your PPL Library card. If unfamiliar with LinkedIn’s source for thousands of online courses taught by industry experts, Welcome!
Once familiar with our close friend, Lynda, make sure to look for new editions of the “Business Blog.” Many will feature a curated list of recommended courses from our Information & Research team based on topics tackled during Cultivate’s monthly gatherings. Most courses last about one to two hours. Some existing course options, according to Lynda.com, include:
- Digital Marketing Trends– “Stay up to date on the latest trends in digital marketing. Get bi-weekly tips to reach your target customers in new and exciting ways.”
- Marketing Tools, Digital Marketing– “Learn about top digital marketing tools and why choosing the right service or tool is so important.”
- Social Media, Marketing Trends– “Explore the top social media marketing trends that matter for business, including the growth of influencer marketing, social shopping, dynamic ads, and embracing TikTok.”
- Social Media Marketing Tips– “Help your business make the most of social media. Get tips for marketing and growing your personal brand on top social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.”
- Marketing on Facebook– “Learn how to use Facebook for marketing your business. Discover how to develop your brand and access new prospects and customers using Facebook pages, stories, offers, and more.”
- Marketing on Instagram– “Learn how to market your product or service on Instagram. Explore features and strategies that can help boost your sales and online presence using the popular social media platform.”
- Marketing on Twitter– “Learn how to use Twitter to market your business, products, and services.”
- Marketing on LinkedIn, The Sophisticated Marketer’s Guide– “Find out how sophisticated marketer’s use LinkedIn to run campaigns that impact every stage of the funnel.”
- Social Media Marketing, Strategy, and Optimization– “Learn how to optimize your social media marketing mix and refresh your strategy on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and other popular platforms.”
- Social Media Monitoring, Strategies and Skills– “Incorporate social media marketing into your organization’s marketing strategy. Explore tools and strategies for finding, responding to, and participating in online conversations.”
Beyond virtual or written outreach, Pickerington Public Library also offers individual help alongside trained librarians and technology trainers. Thanks to the grant-funded Guiding Ohio Online project, providing technology trainers at the library was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the State Library of Ohio. They are available by appointment for one-on-one technology help by phone or virtual.
Connect with Pickerington Public Library via phone at 614-837-4104 (Main) or 614-837-4383 (Sycamore), on Facebook, or on our website, for more information and business resources. Library cardholders can also access services by downloading our app available on both Apple and Google Play. Connect with Cultivate Pickerington online and join Cultivate’s upcoming virtual session on March 24 by registering online.
The Business Blog series is a product of the library’s partnership with our local business community to highlight business events and resources and to support local businesses with librarian curated materials and tools.