24-Hour Pickup Lockers
Customers who cannot access the Library during business hours are able to use the 24-Hour Pickup Lockers to hold their reserved materials. Lockers are available at all library locations: click here to learn more.
Nature Backpack Kits
Studying nature can be as simple as spending time outside and having the right tools for observation. To make it even easier, the library has created specialized nature backpack kits for members to rent out for adventures. There are seven different backpacks with unique topics: Insects, Birds, Hiking, Aquatic, Art, Trees & Wildflowers, Fossils and Rocks, and Night sky.
Backpacks are available at both locations, Pickerington Public Main and Sycamore Plaza. When returning, make sure to take the backpack to the location it was picked up as backpack rentals do not operate through inter-library loans, just location specific.
Ask a Librarian
Library users with questions about looking up information, using the online catalog, or getting started on a research project are encouraged to submit questions to the online Ask a Librarian form. Library staff members will respond to Ask a Librarian inquiries within 24 hours.
Never miss the latest books from your favorite bestselling authors: subscribe to Automatic Holds for more than fifty popular authors.
Click here to get started.
For information on borrowing materials through the Pickerington Public Library, including loan periods, item limits, and renewals, visit the Borrowing Materials page, or click here for the Cardholder Policy.
Computer Resources at Pickerington Public Library
Library users have access to computer resources and printing stations at all locations of the Pickerington Public Library. Click here to see a complete list of resources.
Please visit the library’s Policies and Rules page to see the Computer Use and Internet Access Policy.
Copying, faxing, and scanning are available at all locations. A library card is not required to use these public services.
Click here to see the list of services and prices.
Donating Items to the Pickerington Public Library
Donating Items to the Pickerington Public Library
The Pickerington Public Library accepts donations of materials at all locations, based on the following criteria:
- Those donating may fill out a donation form indicating what they donated to the library and when. Donation Form
- Please note that the library cannot guarantee that any donated materials will be added to the library’s collection.
- The library will not accept used text books, magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias VHS tapes, cassette tapes or CDs.
- Once donated, materials become property of the Pickerington Public Library and the disposition of those materials are at the discretion of library staff. Donated materials will not be returned to the donor.
- Materials deemed suitable, according to the library’s Collection Development Policy, may be processed and added to the library’s collection. All other materials, of acceptable condition, will be given to the Friends of the Pickerington Public Library for their bi-annual booksales.
- In the event of larger material donations (more than 10 boxes), please contact Kathy Bowden, of the Friends of the Pickerington Public Library, at email@example.com.
- The library will accept materials seven (7) days a week; However, due to staffing restraints, they library may not be able to help customers unload donations on Saturday and Sunday.
- Donations should be given to staff and not placed in the bookdrop.
- The Library reserves the right to ask customers to come back on a weekday.
A Pickerington Public Library card is free to obtain for all residents of the state of Ohio. Learn more about how to get a library card and about borrowing materials at the library, on the Cardholder Services page.
Meeting and Conference Rooms
Meeting and Conference rooms must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance. Reservation requests must be completed online.
- To reserve a Meeting or Conference Room at Pickerington Main, or to reserve the Digital Classroom at Sycamore Plaza, click here for the online Meeting Room request system
- For additional information, please see the library’s Meeting and Small Conference Room Policy.
The Pickerington Public Library lends mobile hotspots to its cardholders from all locations of the Library:
- Hotspots check out for fourteen days at a time, with no renewals
- One hotspot can be checked out to each card at a time
- Available for use only in the United States
Click here to place a hold on a mobile hotspot.
The library offers notary services at no charge to the public, at all locations. To schedule a notary appointment, click here for the online appointment request form.
There are limitations to the types of documents that library staff can notarize.
It is the responsibility of the customer to read and review the library’s Notary Services Policy carefully, or to contact a Library staff member with questions about notary services.
It is the responsibility of the test-taker to read the Proctoring Services Policy.
For questions about proctoring services, contact the following departments:
- Pickerington Main Information Services Department: 614-837-4104, ext. 233
- Sycamore Plaza Information Services Department: 614-837-4383, ext. 124
SearchOhio and OhioLink
Suggest a Purchase
Please visit our Suggest a Purchase page in order to submit an online request.
Tax Forms and Information
Every year, the Pickerington Public Library receives a limited number of federal and state tax forms, and will make these forms available to the public as soon as they arrive.
If the Library does not have a form in stock, Library users can visit the Information Desk of any location, where staff will assist in printing tax documents, or assist in using a library computer to access and print documents from federal, state, and local websites.
Resources for accessing forms online are available on the library’s Tax Information page.
Technology Training at the Pickerington Public Library
Thanks to the grant-funded Guiding Ohio Online project, made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the State Library of Ohio, the Pickerington Public Library has a technology trainer on staff to assist customers with technology questions.
The technology trainer is available for drop-in help at the Pickerington Main computer lab, or by appointment for one-on-one technology help.
Click here to see available hours and to make an appointment.
Library users can access the library’s free WiFi through the network connections on library or personal laptops, or through the settings on personal mobile devices. Wireless printing is also available at all locations.
Click here to see wireless resources at all locations of the Pickerington Public Library.
To find information about the Library’s locations and hours, or to contact a staff member, please visit our About Us page.