Early Literacy Resources
- On-Demand Stories & Songs: Fill out our request form for a personalized, 20-minute virtual class on Zoom. A staff member will respond within 48 hours to set up a date and time.
- Subscription Book/Movie Bundles: Not sure what to read or watch? No time for browsing? Let library staff gather a new stack of books or DVDs every two or four weeks based on your preferences. Fill out the form to let us know what you like, and we’ll have the items ready for you to pick up. Appropriate for all ages.
- Early Literacy Classes: Classes for parents, caregivers, and children from birth to age 6
- Book Clubs for Kids: Three book clubs with a range of activities for different ages and developmental needs.
- Sensory Stories and Play Resources: Resources for parents and caregivers
- Violet’s Learning Zone: Interactive activities that promote early literacy skills for reading readiness
- Websites for Kids: Recommended Internet resources to enhance your child’s online learning
- Teacher Cards and Collections: Let our Youth Services staff find materials that are right for your students!
E-Library Resources for Kids and Parents
- TumbleBook Library: An online library of animated, talking picture books
- BookFlix: Interactive video storybooks from Scholastic
- OverDrive for Kids: Download e-books and e-audiobooks for kids: browse by age, reading level, subject, and Lexile level
- Hoopla Digital: Stream audiobooks, movies, music, and more, for all ages.
- Violet’s Coloring Book Pages
Juvenile Book Lists