If you are looking for information about our hours or how to get in touch with us, please visit our About Us page.
How do I?…
Get a Pickerington Library Card
A Pickerington Public Library card is free to obtain. To get a card, you have two options:
- Apply for a card in person at either location. Our staff will have you fill out an online library card application and show a form of ID with your current address on it. (A driver’s license is usually the best source for this information.) If your driver’s license does not have your current address listed, you can present another type of ID – employment ID card, student ID, printed personal check, recent utility bill, car registration, etc. If you do not have anything with your current address on it, our staff will mail your new card to you at an address you provide.
- Apply for a card online: You can go here to register for a library card online, but you will have to complete the application process in person. You will receive your card once you come to the library to finish this process.
- For those under the age of 18, apply for a Student Cards without a parent/guardian present. You cannot have a Student Card and a regular Pickerington Public Library card at the same time. Student Cards allow for 3 items to be checked out at a time. When a Student Card holder turns 18, they must apply for a regular library card. Student Cards can be applied for in person at either location.
- Replacement cards are $.50, and you must show ID with current address listed to complete the replacement card process.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the library immediately, so library staff can put a block on your account. This keeps you from being held responsible for items checked out on that lost/stolen card after you’ve reported it to the library.
Borrow Materials at PPL
- Video games, DVDs, Quick Reads (Both books and DVDs): 7 days
- New books, music CDs, and audiobooks: 21 days
- Books, books on CD, music CDs, board games, and teacher kits: 28 days
- Vacation loans and teacher loans: 6 weeks, no renewal
- Video Games: 5 per card
- DVDs: 10 per card
- Books on CD: 10 per card
- Music CDs: 10 per card
- Teacher Kits: 2 per card
- Board games: 5 per card
- Total Items Per Card: 50
For additional information on borrowing materials, visit our Policies and Rules page to see the library’s Cardholder Policy.
Lost or Damaged Items
The Pickerington Public Library is fine-free. However, for a lost or damaged item, you will be charged the replacement cost, plus a $5.00 processing fee, for each item.
Request and Renew Items
If you would like to request an item that is on the shelves at either of our two locations, or place a hold on an item that is not currently available here but is available at another library in the Central Library Consortium, you can contact us in multiple ways:
- Request an item through our online catalog, which you can access here. When you find the item you would like to request, click on its Place Request button. You will then be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN. Select when you would like to activate your request (this will default to today’s date), and where you would like to pickup your item (if you are using your Pickerington Public Library card, Pickerington is your default pick-up location). Then submit your request.
- If you cannot find the item you are looking for, and you would like to speak with a staff member:
- For adult and young adult books, DVDs, audiobooks or other materials, please call the Pickerington Main Adult Services Department, at 614-837-4104, ext. 233, or contact us by email, at email@example.com. Your library card number is required to reserve materials.
- For children’s books, DVDs, audiobooks or other materials, please call the Pickerington Main Youth Services Department at 614-837-4104, ext. 231. Your library card number is required to reserve materials.
From the library:
- Request an item through one of our public access catalog computers, located throughout the building at both locations. When you see the item you would like to request, click on its Place Request button. You will then be prompted to enter your card number and PIN to complete the request.
- If you cannot find what you are looking for in the catalog, stop by a public desk at either location, and our staff will assist you in placing a request. Your library card or a valid photo ID is required to reserve materials in person.
24 Hour Pickup Lockers
- Pickup Lockers are available at both library locations: when you are prompted to select your pickup location, simply select “Pickerington 24 Hour Pickup Lockers” or “Pickerington Sycamore Plaza 24 Hour Pickup Lockers.”
When you create your library account, you decide how you would like to be notified:
- By phone
- By email
- By text message
Please note that notices for items held in the pickup lockers can only be sent either by email or text.
If you would like to change how you receive notifications, you can do that at any time. Access your account online, then click on “My Record” once you are logged in. Scroll down to “Contact Information and Preferences.” Under “Preferences,” you can see how your account is currently set up to receive notifications. Make any changes that are necessary and save your changes.
Staff members at both locations can also assist you in changing your account notifications. Please have your library card ready in order to update your account.
To renew materials by phone, please have your library card number ready:
- Contact the Patron Services department of any location during library hours.
- Contact the library’s renewal line, at 1-877-772-6657.
To renew materials online, please have your library card number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) ready:
- Log in to your account, then enter your library card number and PIN.
- Click on the “Items Out” link.
- Select the items you’d like to renew, then click “Renew Selected Items” at the bottom of the page.
Your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number. If you have forgotten your PIN, but know your library card number, you can reset your PIN online by clicking here, and then by clicking on “Forgot Your PIN?” Your PIN will be sent to the email address on file.
Staff members at both locations can also assist you in updating your PIN. Please have your library card ready in order to reset your PIN.
Use SearchOhio and OhioLink
Can’t find something in our collection? Looking for an item but all our copies are checked out?
Through SearchOhio and OhioLINK you can now borrow material from the collections of over 160 Ohio public and academic libraries. These services are free, fast, and easy to use!
What’s the difference between SearchOhio and OhioLINK?
SearchOhio and OhioLINK are both free and can be used with a valid library card in good standing.
Search and Request Materials
If the Pickerington Public Library and the Central Library Consortium do not have the title you’d like, click the “Click here to search SearchOhio” button in your catalog search results.
If another library owns the title, select the “Request Item” button and select Pickerington Public Library as your affiliate library. You will be prompted to enter your last name and library card number to complete the request.
You can request books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs.
- SearchOhio and OhioLINK print items: 21 days.
- SearchOhio and OhioLINK DVDs: 7 days
- SearchOhio audiobooks and music: 21 days.
- OhioLINK audiobooks and music: 7 days.
If there are no holds, SearchOhio print and media items can be renewed up to 3 times.
If there are no holds, print OhioLINK items can be renewed up to 6 times, and media OhioLink items can be renewed up to 3 times.
SearchOhio and OhioLINK materials can be returned to Pickerington Main or Sycamore Plaza. Library staff will handle the returns to the owning library system.
SearchOHIO and OhioLINK items can accumulate overdue fines: overdue fines are $.50 per day, with a maximum overdue fine of $25.00 per item.
A replacement fee of $25.00 will be billed for any SearchOhio item that isn’t returned within 30 days of the due date.
A replacement fee of $125.00 will be billed for any OhioLINK item that isn’t returned within 30 days of the due date.
- If you have over $10.00 in fines on your library card, or if you have a temporary library card
- If the title you are searching for is currently available at one of our branches
- All copies in the SearchOhio or OhioLINK catalogs are checked out, or on hold for other customers
SearchOhio and OhioLINK are not available to a small number of customers with particular card types. Please contact a staff member if you experience any difficulties using these services.
Use the Computer Lab and Other Library Equipment
The Pickerington Main computer lab is located in the Adult Services Area. In order to use a computer in the computer lab, a library card is required:
- Log in to any available computer in the lab, and select “Log In as Patron.” Enter your library card number (the barcode on the back of your card) and your PIN.
- Patrons are allotted 120 minutes (2 hours) of computer time per day. You can use that time as a single session, or in multiple sessions throughout the day.
Both locations also make available laptops for patrons to use while in the library building:
- A library card is required in order to check out a laptop to the patron’s account.
- ID, or another form of collateral, is also required and will be held while a laptop is in use.
For additional information, please visit our Policies and Rules page to see the library’s Internet Use Policy.
Connect to the library’s free WiFi
If your wireless device is not set to automatically connect, you can access the library’s WiFi through the network connections on your laptop, or through the settings on your mobile device.
At Pickerington Main, select “PPL-Wireless” from the list of WiFi connections. At Sycamore Plaza, select “SPWireless” from the list of WiFi Connections.
Printing can be done from a computer in the Pickerington Main computer lab, or via the wireless connection at both locations.
To print from a laptop at Pickerington Main
- Visit this website: www.printeron.net/ppl/43147 or click here
- Select your printing preference (black and white, or color)
- Enter your email address (you will use this email address at the printer’s self-release station)
- Select prints from a web page, or from the files on your laptop
To print from a mobile device:
- Download the Printer On app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Use the Location Search to find the Pickerington Public Library printer
- Select your printer (black and white, or color)
- Select prints from your documents, email, or photos, or from a web page
The cost for printing by either method is as follows:
- $.10 per black and white page
- $.50 per color page
At all locations, the printer coin box accepts $1 bills, and silver coins (nickels, dimes, and quarters) only. Larger bills and cards are accepted, but if you plan to use either, please see a staff member before printing.
Please note: the Pickerington Main computer lab printer does not allow for double-sided printing, nor does it print in sizes larger than 8.5″ x 11″. If you have questions about printing documents double-sided, or on larger sizes of paper, please see a staff member before printing.
Please click here for mobile printing directions for Sycamore Plaza Library.
Copying is available at both locations. The cost for copies is as follows:
- $.10 per black and white page for 8.5″ x 11″ and 8.5″ x 14″ papers
- $.20 per black and white page for 11″ x 17″ papers
- $.50 per color page for 8.5″ x 11″ and 8.5″ x 14″ papers
- $1.00 per color page for 11″ x 17″ papers
The copier coin box accepts $1 bills, and silver coins (nickels, dimes, and quarters) only. Larger bills and cards are accepted, but please see a staff member for instructions before making copies.
Scanning and faxing services are available at both locations. There is no charge for either service. However, please be advised that faxing to international numbers is not available.
Borrow eBooks, Videos, and other Digital Library Resources
Pickerington Public Library has a wealth of digital resources available to any Pickerington Library cardholder.
- For instruction guides on how to use Overdrive, our e-book and e-audiobook library, click here.
- To sign up for or log into Hoopla, our streaming video and audio service, click here.
- For all other library databases, including EBSCOhost, Mango Languages, and more, click here.
Reserve a Meeting Room
Meeting Rooms must be reserved 48 hours in advance. Meeting Room requests must be completed online.
Suggest a Purchase
Please visit our Suggest a Purchase page in order to submit an online request.
PPL and Neighboring Libraries
The Pickerington Public Library is a standalone public library. However, it is a member of the Central Library Consortium (CLC). The seventeen (17) CLC member libraries share materials, meaning patrons can request any book, DVD, CD, audiobook, etc. from any of these libraries and have it delivered to their home library. You can also return items from any CLC library to another CLC library; for example, if you check out a book at Bexley Public Library, you can return it to Pickerington Public Library.
The CLC member libraries are:
- Alexandria Public Library
- Bexley Public Library
- Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Delaware County Library
- Fairfield County Library
- Grandview Heights Public Library
- Granville Public Library
- London Public Library
- Marysville Public Library
- Pataskala Public Library
- Pickaway Public Library
- Pickerington Public Library
- Plain City Public Library
- Southwest Public Libraries
- Upper Arlington Public Library
- Wagnalls Memorial Library
- Worthington Libraries
Set Up a Proctored Exam
It is the responsibility of the test-taker to read the Proctoring Services Guidelines. Please contact the Pickerington Main Adult Services Desk, at 614-837-4104, ext. 233, with any questions about proctoring services.
Set Up a Notary Appointment
The library offers notary services at no charge to the public, at all locations. To schedule a notary appointment, please click here for our online appointment request form.
There are limitations to the types of documents that library staff can notarize. Please read and review the library’s Notary Services Policy carefully, or contact a staff member with any questions about notary services.
Find Tax Forms and Information
Every year, the Pickerington Public Library receives a limited number of federal and state tax forms, and will make these forms available to the public as soon as they arrive.
If we do not have a copy of the form you need, please visit the Reference Desk of any library location: staff can assist in printing tax documents, or can assist you in using a library computer to access and print documents from federal, state, and local websites.
Resources for accessing forms online are available on the library’s Tax Information page.
Make a Donation
Please read the following update:
Starting February 13, 2018, the Pickerington Public Library will be undergoing renovations to its Technical Services area so that we can continue to improve service to the public.
As part of the renovation, the library will not be accepting donations of materials from the public from February 13 through March 25.
Please contact the library if you have questions, and we thank you for your continued support!
The Pickerington Public Library accepts donations of materials at all locations, based on the following criteria:
- Those donating agree to fill out a donation form indicating what they donated to the library and when.
- Please note that the library cannot guarantee that any donated materials will be added to the library’s collection. The library will not accept used text books, magazines, or encyclopedias. Materials deemed suitable, according to the library’s Collection Development Policy, may be processed and added to the library’s collection. All other materials, of acceptable condition, will be given to the Friends of the Pickerington Public Library for their bi-annual booksales.
- In the event of larger donations, please contact Kathy Bowden, of the Friends of the Pickerington Public Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org.